Birthing the Mother
The prenatal class with a difference
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve heard the phrase “I wished somebody told me how hard this would be”.
So much emphasis is placed on pregnancy and birth in traditional prenatal classes, at the expense of learning about the “real deal”. Whilst most other prenatal classes typically centre around birth preparation, we recognise that birth is a single milestone moment in an ongoing transformation, with a steep learning curve to follow. Once your baby has arrived, the real work begins.
This is where I can help.
My prenatal online program “Untangled Mama” is unique in that it is designed to prepare soon-to-be mothers (and partners) for their postpartum journey. It connects expectant parents with each other and empowers you with relevant, practical, and honest information and insight into motherhood. This course will give you the tools and skills you need to prepare for your journey into the adventure that is motherhood. It will help you prepare for this massive adjustment in your life with as much care and attention as you have prepared for the pregnancy and birth itself. Each lesson is presented in video form, so you can watch the content on your phone, tablet or desktop. The content is self-paced, so you can binge-watch it, or take your time.
The course is for you if…
- you are about to become a mum for the first time
- you struggled after the birth of your last child and want to do things differently this time
- you have no idea what to expect after your baby is born
- you want to prepare for the time after your baby’s birth in the best possible way
- you are concerned about how the birth of your baby will affect your relationship
- you want to make sure you have a village of support around you after birth
How is this program different?
- The Untangled Mama plan is looking at postpartum recovery from a very different perspective
- We believe new mothers deserve far more care and attention than they are currently receiving
- We also believe that recovering well after birth is a long term investment in your future health and well being
- Most other antenatal courses do not give you the tools and mindset you need for preparing for postpartum
- As part of the Untangled Mama plan, you get access to a supportive private online community of other like-minded mums
- You also get to ask Ebony questions directly so that all you are learning can be tailored directly for you
Benefits of this program:
- A plan for postpartum support from your community
- Realistic expectations of recovery from birth and beyond
- An understanding of the transition you will go through
- Awareness of how to support your health and well-being
- Guidance in planning for postpartum nutrition
- Stronger partnership connection and communication
Can my partner take part?
YES! We encourage anyone in your support network to dive into the Untangled Mama plan with you – remember this baby thing was never meant to be a one-person job! In fact, encouraging your partner to take part will help you both get the most out of what we offer.
Can I give this course as a gift?
Aren’t you thoughtful?! We may be biased, but we think that this course is the greatest gift you could give to a soon-to-be mum.
Why not put in as a group of friends and give it as a mama/baby-shower present? Or are you a soon-to-be grandparent living too far away to give the support you’d like to your daughter or son? We believe that this course, whilst certainly not a replacement for you, can help them find the support they will inevitably need.
This is your opportunity to prepare holistically for the important aspects of the transition into motherhood: