The Mother’s Circle
Creating the village for motherhood
Are you craving meaningful connections?
Do you feel isolated from your social and support networks?
Would you like some extra emotional support as a new mum?
If this sounds like you, join us at The Mama Circle. This group is a private and facilitated gathering of mothers (pregnancy to 12 months postpartum) who support each other as they undergo the life-changing transformation of becoming a new mother – whether for the first, second or possibly even the tenth time!
Being a mother can sometimes feel relentless, lonely, and overwhelming at the best of times, but with the added pressures associated with the COVID-19 crisis, our mental health, well-being and relationships can really suffer.
How would you like to feel supported socially and emotionally, to re-connect with yourself and other mums, all from your home, without having to make big changes to your existing routine?
If so, please join us!
Each Mama Circle is facilitated by me (Ebony) and accessible to all mums with babies across Australia. The Circle welcomes first time mums and mums of two or more children with open arms! We promise there’ll be more than just “baby talk” because nurturing who you are as a woman outside of motherhood is just as important as nurturing who you are inside motherhood. Our discussions go deeper than sleep, rocking, spew and poo!
“The circles of women around us weave invisible nets of love that carry us when we’re weak and sing with us when we’re strong”
The members of the Circle connect via live video calls, and a closed Facebook group. All you need is a computer or mobile phone.
The group discusses a range of topics including:
- Realistic expectations
- acknowledging change of identity
- Mindset and mental health awareness
- Priorities & the ‘motherload’
- Coping with sleep deprivation
- Self-care and self-compassion
Mothers Circles will…
- Connect you with other mums from the comfort of your home.
- Support you to build self-awareness and confidence as a mum.
- Enable you to be heard, to ask questions, and to openly share your honest experience of motherhood.
- Engage you in targeted discussions that attend to your needs and interests.
- Empower you with skills and knowledge to better navigate motherhood.
- The goal of The Mama Circle is to truly connect. To ask with interest, to speak honestly, to listen with empathy.
- You will come away from the circle feeling connected, emotionally lighter, and empowered by the collective energy of the group.
Depending on the energy and needs of the group, The Mama Circle will involve different activities.
- Focused topic conversation
- Intention setting
- Ample time to discuss whatever the group brings up that week
Timing: 1 hour, 10:00am-11:00am (Melbourne, AEST) over 6 consecutive weeks
Baby Age Group: 0- 12 months (youngest child)
Format: Online- via Zoom and a closed Facebook group
Cost: $120 for 6 sessions