Healthy mum. Healthy bub.
Are you pregnant or planning to become pregnant? Motherhood is one of life’s great adventures – it can be a bit of a crazy ride and it’s best to be prepared! Although a woman’s body is designed for pregnancy, growing a little person can be hard work. It can create a whole number of aches and pains.
- Neck, shoulder, back, hip pain
- Pelvic girdle pain, pelvic instability
- General posture changes
- Headaches and migraines
- Sleeping issues
It’s important to treat issues early to help alleviate pain throughout your pregnancy and ensure you’re in the best health for labour, birth and beyond. Our services include:
Massage has an important role to play as part of your pregnancy health and wellbeing. Massage can:
- improve sleep patterns and ease insomnia,
- provide a greater sense of relaxation and help to reduce stress and anxiety levels,
- relieve pain and address groin pain referred from the uterus, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain, and rib pain common in the third trimester,
- relieve tension in the shoulders and neck,
- reduce hormonal headaches,
- ease oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome,
- improve circulation to help minimise leg cramps,
- help to focus on mother baby connection,
- promote a sense of relaxation, and
- assist in maintaining muscular tone.
Using soft tissue techniques for pregnancy related pain, dry needling, stretches and education on drug-free approaches can help to deal with the aches and pains that can accompany pregnancy.
Exercise prescription for pregnancy
No two pregnancies are the same so it is vital to have an exercise program that fits you and is tailored to every stage of your pregnancy. As your baby grows, so do the changes experienced in your body. It is important that you feel safe and confident in performing everyday tasks, and be prepared for labour and postpartum.
To arrange an appointment, call 0423 919 319 or book now
Pregnancy massage – why is it great?
Who doesn’t love a massage? Massage helps you to feel calm and relaxed, perfect for pregnant mums. But’s that not the only reason!
Studies have also shown that women who receive regular massages during pregnancy have lower rates of premature birth, fewer obstetrical problems and their babies had a lower rate of postnatal complications.
Our specialised massage techniques include pain management, referred groin pain from the uterus, lower back (lumbar), pelvic and hip pain, and rib pain commonly found in the third trimester.